15 x 7's ?

Anyone out there have 15 x 7's on a beetle or super? I have an opportunity to get a hold of some for a great price but was wonder how far they will stick out. Seems 5.5's are the popular size...

Reply to
RhinoJockey

...and they match your bolt pattern?

Reply to
Funky Fresh 6

No, I'd have to use an adapter plate which would make them stick out even more. They're Cragar SS's, sharp wheels, but I think I'll pass due to the size.

Reply to
RhinoJockey

but was wonder how far they will

Depends on the offset. If it is a high positive number, say 45mm, they will be in, but you may have interference against the body of the car. If it is a high negative number, say -35mm, they will stick out past the fenders quite far. +25mm thru +38mm seems like a good number to go with...preferably over 30. Negative offset wheels are usually refered to as "deep dish wheels" becuase they dish in so far to the mounting surface. This is bad for bugs unless you get insanely wide fenders. Even with wide fenders, I can't imagine that your bearings would be very happy becuase the load is not centered over the bearing.

~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony