1970 Fast Back

I just bought a 1970 FastBack and I intend on restoring it. I was wondering if anyone can give me a source for fastback parts near San Diego California? I am going to need to buy a lot of stuff. The pan is rotted between the front passenger seat and the rear seat. So I will need a replacement pan. I am going to remove the seats and carpeting and see what else is completely rusted out. The exterior body has minimal rust, so that will be easy. I will want to reupholster the seats. The engine has some oil leaks and some electrical problems, but it ran well enough to get me home from where I bought it eight miles away. The clutch and tranny seem pretty tight. The dashboard is totally rotted, it needs to be replaced. My wife gasped and asked why I was parking a junk car in her driveway. All in all, I think I got a pretty good deal for $700.00. If anyone has any suggestions or knowledge about restoring a fastback, please don't hesitate to post.

Reply to
Paul Broadway

Go to

and join the type 3 email list. It is your best source of type 3 parts and advise.

There are no replacement pans. You will either need to find a wreck in the junkyard that has a good pan or you will have to fabricate one.

You'll fine most of the rust underneath, where it's hard to fix. If you're determined, however, it can all be fixed.

You'll probably find that it needs some brake work.

This car had fuel injection when it was new. It's a good sign if the FI is still there. If it has been ripped out, you will be spending a lot of time trying to figure out what the PO did.

See you on the type 3 list.

-

Jim Adney

I have a 70 fastback parts car that is completehere on the east coast, but willing to ship parts anywhere. You can E-mail me direct snipped-for-privacy@aol.com if theres anything you need.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Thank you, Jim. I am all subscibed to the type 3 list now.

Reply to
Paul Broadway