My new project...

What's more important than having the latest ooh-ahh bus or accessory?

Well, for me, it's a place to actually store and work on them, which keeps the county off my a$$, and makes life nicer in general.

It took almost a year to get the permits, and there have been some wonderful 'suprises' - like having to get an engineering review *after* the county planning people had signed off on it and we'd placed the forms for the foundation. Or the $4100 'sewer impact fee'

Oh well, it will be worth it when it's done. In the mean time, I'm doing very little bus stuff, and no track days in the 911.

The basics: 25x25 (I tried to make it bigger, The Man said "no"); in-ground lift; bathroom; 10' walls (actually 10' 11" after accounting for the stem walls; 6" slab; center of the ceiling will be ~13'; A/C; ventilation fan; lots of electical outlets and air hookups. It will also have a fridge and microwave, in addition to lots of bench space.

Thom

-- Thom Fitzpatrick

Thom Fitzpatrick

Hate you.......

:D

Jan

Reply to
Jan

On 10 Jul 2003 03:59:20 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ftc.gov (Thom Fitzpatrick), who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

*WOW* :-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Thom, what kind of lift are you going to use? The hole is pretty shallow from the pics, how high will it lift a car?

-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama

- vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen

--------------------

Reply to
TerryB

TerryB wrote: : Thom, what kind of lift are you going to use? The hole is pretty shallow : from the pics, how high will it lift a car?

Go to the update page, there's pix of the lift and my bus on the lift. It will lift 6000lbs 48", but I've lost about 6" due to the pit, although the lift came with these extender frame pad thingies which are 7" long.

--Thom

1977 911s 3.6L Cab
Thom Fitzpatrick

Cool, and the bus is comfortably stable when lifted up all the way? It just looks like it would be unstable no wider than the base of the lift is and looks like it would be wiggly during the lifting and lowering. I have zero experience with these things, but they look like something to have in the future of my car mechanicing. I must have missed the pics this morning when I read the first msg you sent.

Good luck with the man and your garage! Regulations are good things but sometimes they are just plain wrong for all situations.

-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama

- vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen

Reply to
TerryB

Agreed! Now, where is this dream shop located and do RAMVA members get a discount rental price 8-}

Mike Rippe

1970 Type II "George"
Reply to
ThreeMile