'74 BEETLE 113 MODEL

MY FAMILY OWNS A 74 BEETLE IN GOOD CONDITION BUT I GUESS THEY DONT LIKE IT ANY MORE , BUT I LOVE IT I JUST PUT A STEREO SISTEM IN IT AND IT' S GREAT BUT I,M NOT VERY HAPY WITH IT I WANT TO WORK ON HER ..... SO ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA WHERE TO START??? BTW I ' M NOT VERY GOOD AT THIS IM 19 AND THIS WILL BE MY 1 ST CAR JOB , IM STUDING TO BE A CIVIL ENGINEEUR SO THIS ISN'T MY BEST FIELD... AND I 'M FROM MACEDONIA , THAT MEANS IF U HAVE PROBLEMS FINDING PARTS I POBUBLY WILL NEVER FIND THEM.... SO HELP AND WISH ME LUCK

EMIL

Reply to
EKocovski

Learn to adjust your own valves. Its a regular maintenance item. Get John Muir's Book and maybe the Haynes or Bentley manuals.

Good luck. Everything you fix on these cars is easy to do after the first couple of times.

Reply to
Funkie

Greetings Emil:

The 113 Model was also called the Super Beetle. Yours should have a curved windscreen and the spare tire lying flat, as well as having strut type front suspension.

I suggest that you join this on-line forum:

is a lot of technical help available.Browse through all the sections. You could also join this forum:
It covers both Standard and Super (111 and 113) models. If you join, use the SEARCH function to locate a user name of: Caslor. He is from Greece and could be helpful. He is very resourceful.

Here are a few Bookmarks for you to look at. (This should keep you occupied for one or two evenings :-)

And, of course, see my web site for Electrical information:

Speedy Jim (Engineer)

Speedy Jim

Thanks too all i checked all the stuff u told me too but as i sed im from macedonia so i have a problem with finding suf like the books u sugested ... but i'm not quiting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
EKocovski