74 bumper shock question

I was given a 74' standard to use for sheet metal parts and it turned out to be better overall than my 69'. However, it came without fenders, bumpers or the bumper shocks. I know the rear fenders on the

74's were a one year item.. But, are the bumper shocks the same on all 74' and up beetles & SBs front and rear?
Reply to
69 ground up

Hell I thought it was 73 that was a one off.................Somebody help me here?...................LOL

I was almost certain that the fenders on the rear of the 74 and up for some years was/were the same................Anyways, I don;t think I'm any help here.................'cept maybe that the front shock pieces almost have to be different on the super from the Standard.............IN front , but not in back..............I could be wrong on this though..................Still learnin'

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

So far everything I have had to find for my 74' super has been 74 & up. Although it was pointed out that there was a change to the rear fenders very early in 74' To the original post, good luck finding the bumper shocks, I got them locally used but one is slightly bent, still looking for new....

kp

Reply to
kp

Check out what I call Sliced Bumpers. I did it to my 74 and everyone thinks they are stock. I came up with it so I can show my body work and yet protect the car. The car has a 914 engine, that is why the strange exhaust.

Joe Cali Next Generation

Reply to
Joe Cali - Next Generation-USA