'78 Westfalia questions

Hey there Just found this newsgroup. Is there a newsgroup just for buses or westy's or is this the one? Anyway, i'm looking to buy my fist VW and am looking at a 78 Westfalia and have a couple of questions. This bus has the pop top that goes straight up on the front and back - not just the front. Most of the one's I've seen just pop at the top and are "hinged" at the back. Is this unusual? Is it a Westfalia or is some other camperized version? Thanks in advance if you can answer these questions or any other info you can pass along..

Reply to
BeerBoy

Yup, that sounds like a Riviera to me. Seen a few, nice campers, if the price is right, go for it. At least with a 78 you get the big motor too.

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

If you decide you want an earlier model, I have a 1972 Westfalia rust free here in New Mexico.

Reply to
Douglas
78's rule. You'll appreciate the extra fizz in that 2L motor when you push a headwind.

Been there,

Bobby

BeerBoy wrote:

Reply to