A Fashion Faux Pas?

The Wonderbus does not seem to have stock-looking rims or tires and I was wondering if I have been committing a fashion faux pas. What we got here are 5-lug chrome rims, no hubcaps, and P195/70R14 tires.

What is the stock look for this vehicle, and what's my easiest way to get there?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Its a '71 right? You want the rims with the round air vents in them. Can't recall if they are 5-lug or not. One thing is for sure, get the light truck rated tires. Gives a much nicer ride, especially on the freeway.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

The tires are a definite no-no! The rear engine cantilevers the load on the rear tires and it can increase to something fierce when cornering and / or going through a dip, etc. It will handle so much better with 6ply (load range "C") tires you'll think it's a different vehicle and have to get out and walk around it to be sure! Seriously, save up yer $$ for the next major item: load range "C" tires. Costco stopped carrying them - they had the best prices. I've switched to Coopers and have gotten fair pricing on them. 195 70 R14 is what I run. If you have to run them only on the rear for awhile, it handles weird but better than "P's" on all 4! BF Goodrich is what Costco used to sell. Same price as the Coopers. The Michelins are excellent, but very expensive and there is NO sidewall flex. I wanted more flex than they offer so haven't tried them. -BH

tires and I

pas. What we got

tires.

easiest way to

Reply to
Busahaulic

Then these rims are possibly right? Chrome, 5-luggers with 10 round holes?

That does seem to be the consensus.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Send out some pics of the wheels for ID........much easier to get solid info.

on a website......post 'em somewhere

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Reply to