Anyone want a Nice '57 Beetle???

Out at the swap meet at the Ballpark in Arlington, Texas today, Scott and I found a very solid 1957 Beetle. Both of us rate it as a very solid start for a project. It looks to be mostly all there with all running gear and semaphores. Sure, a fender or two looked like it needed replacing and it could stand a new hood, but the heater channels seemed solid and the front and rear aprons were un-molested (the rear apron is still the correct H pattern.) This car even looked to have an original radio.

The price on the car is $3,500.00 Not too bad for a good start on a full restoration. If anyone is serious Scott has the fellow's phone number. Neither of us really wants to buy the car since we both have far too many projects already and don't really need to add another one!:~)

So, anyone want to buy this car and give John Henry a run for his money???

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

Definitly save money an aggravation of having to find a hood and replacement fenders it needs that way!!! Plus you could turn those aprons into CASH :) Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 21:21:25 -0400, travis scribbled this interesting note:

Yes!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

Travis:

How quickly you all forget! wind.winona.edu/~stafford/split-baja.jpg

Reply to
J Stafford

Doh! I want one!

Reply to

The car is definitely A nice one. A SOLID startup for a project to restore/show. I think if the guy had 2000 or less on it, it would have been scarfed up before we saw it. There was a handfull of Beetles at the meet, and Most not interesting at all. One had a bunch of different colored fenders on it and said "runs" on the windshield..................650 bucks. It was sold already at the 2:00 or so when we saw it.

All in all a Good swap meet for many reasons, John and I didn't buy much, but located a bunch of VW stuf, even performance stuff.

Anyone wants the Numbers for the guy selling the 57 I have name and numbers.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®