anyone interested in a oval baja

I was thinking of takeing the 56 oval I just got and making a baja out of it. The rockers are in good shape but the car has lots of rust and the nose and rear apron are real bad. Just the idea I can drop the body on a titled 69 chassis (IRS) and put the oval back on the road. If someone was interested with this Idea I will start on it soon and have it road worthy in time to play in the snow,

What do you think Shaggie, por 15 the surface rust, tye coat primer then a Camo paint job?

And out of the 24 vws I got I'm going to try to put 4 other good drivers together, theres a 65 bus a nice 65 beetle a 71 auto fast back and theres a 67 beetle that looks good

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

..............I wonder what it would take to get somebody in law enforcement to run those 24 VIN's through their database and see how many of them are hot?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Probably a 2 minute phone call.

Randy

RSMEINER

Yeah, I usually call the state police to verify the car I am about to buy isn't stolen or anything. Not always the most helpful, (State Police in KY) but better than buying a stolen car!

I guess the question would be how are you gonna get the VINs?

Jay

Reply to
Jay McGraw

Jay most of these cars have been setting in this well known mans field for the last decade and he has given me a dozen titles most of them I have matched with cars and as far as the law would be concerned if any of the cars were stolen the statue of limitation is long passed.

In another group we have been talking about the idea of tring to get some of these restorable VW's out of the junk yards where thier just rusting away. It started as 30 aircooled cars setting in a field and a barn of parts and it was all or nothing. I have already started the restoration on 2 of them,(bought earlier in the year) and going to try to save atleast 4 more. As for the rest there are alot of good parts and untill I see an upgrade in aftermarket parts I see this as a good find. I'm going to put original heater channels in the 67 vert I'm restoring.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

any ragtops? I need an entire roof....

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

They're probably right next to the Statue of Limitations.............

Is that in New York????

LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

give me a week or so Chris I know where I night be able to get you a rag section. I did see one at the last farmington show for $400 thought it was to much. But no not in the 24 cars is there a rag, there is a metal sunroof in a 67 body and only one set of early popouts and there mine...lol I'm setting on 14 titled chassis and I'm still going thru a ton of parts, lots of 40hp stuff some new all useable, this guy seemed to know what to keep. things like excillent original 62 to 67 tail lights a nos exshaust real nice heater boxes. and I haven't stated cleaning out his basement yet but I have seen new p&c sets and more.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

let me know...you are not very far from me at all....i need one....if it is in the 400 dollar range(such as the one at farmington) i would hope the ragtop is intact and complete(canvas condition not important)

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Ok I am always interested in Baja's!!!

Let me know??

keven

Reply to
Kev_Ceri

...........Even if it might be stolen?

.....In any case. If you send him your money, you might become his next victim. Get him to ship it COD, if that's possible.

Reply to
Tim Rogers