Are we having a new years chat?

"Bill Berckman" wrote

What about the crossdresser? :-0

Reply to
Scott H

I forgot about him. Hopefully he is busy shopping for clothes and forgot about Ramva.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

Legal drinking age up here is 18.....

J.

Reply to
BergRace

shhhh....don't call him out...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

My god! What the Hell did I miss last year! Not going anywhere this New Years eve, that I am aware of.

Reply to
southeastvw

I'd also forgotten about the crossdresser - should we refer to him as "s/he" or some such? ;)

Reply to
mez

Not sure which, but this person should be easy to spot. You don't see very many 350 pound guys in womens clothes driving a VW Thing.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

I hope to not see any.

Reply to
mez

Bet there's going to be a few interesting stories or news to hear ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

thank god....

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

This is the Ramva social event of the year and the the place to seen. :o) The topics usually range from what type of moonshine you are drinkin, to weather a young newbie should invest $2000 for a stereo in his 74 Super instead of rebuilding the oil leaking & smokin engine. In the past several years, the chat has actually gone on until mid afternoon on New Years Day, with usually about 3 or 4 people still chatting at the end. Jan says he will go 24 hours straight this year. The question is will he make it ??

Many folks will be drinking alcohol on New Years Eve. If you are drinking while chatting, we will probably be able to tell after the 6th or 7th Beer when your typos start to increase in frequency up to the point where your typing is jibberish. :o) At that point, it is time for a nap. The problem on New Years day for many is a terrible hangover. There are several methods used by people to help ease the pain, such as aspirin etc., but those are unimportant, as the best way to be 100% certain that you will be feeling no pain on New Years day is to stay drunk the entire day. LOL

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

.................My approach was to switch to strong black coffee with some 'tail of the dog that bit me' added to it. It worked pretty well and I lasted almost as long as Anna.......

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Don't we usually start earlier on new years eve? I can remember being on there at work in previous years...

Reply to
VANMAN

..................Yeah, it starts several hours before midnight here in NY. Those tricky time zones give Jan and some others a big head start and then us silly 'mericans have to start chugging our rum & cokes to catch up.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Tim: Can you go to the Chat room?

Reply to
Steve

............yahoo?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

................I've only done that once or twice in the past (New Year's) and I don't remember how I did it. Email me.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Well, considering the fact that a huge part of teh world is in a time zone that gets to see new year before the US.. I'm not sure when I will start, but if I wake up just before midnight and log on, it's more than likely that our Australian and NZ friends have already passed out from all the partying.. while the US would still be sound asleep.. east coast being 7 hours behind me.. :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

........woohoo!

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I think we might want to coordinate a time for all of us to at least see eachother for a minute to chat before everyone passes out and the rest of us get started. There's.. umm.. a time when we need to all be there for sure.

Kidd "A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd