Alfie goes for paint...

I know, she's been sitting in the garage a LONG time, but finally off to the shop...

Added some progress pics on our web shots photo page (look in sig for link) Keep posted....

Reply to
vwluvrs

Hey, that's great, congrats!

My 69 std bug went into the body shop last Thurs, though I didn't strip it down as much as you did. The shop elected to do that work.

I visited them yesterday and saw all the fenders, hood and decklid off, back 3 pieces of glass out, and the guy sanding away. This is so cool and I'm excited!

My plan is to have them leave the windows out, then I'll be driving it across town without glass to the interior shop for headliner and carpet.

I'd like to post more pics but my ISP > I know, she's been sitting in the garage a LONG time, but finally off to > the shop...

Reply to
Rob

What colour are you having it painted Terry?

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn"
Reply to
BugBum

Original Capri Blue, look at the pictures, the interior is the original color

vwluvrs

Hey Terry:

I was looking at some of your pics, and saw the link to Ramvy. Did anyone every find out what happened to Ramvy I & Ramvy II.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

Bill..

No, Both of the Traveling bugs have been lost / stolen / misplaced (enter your own adjective here. While it could have been fun, seems they never made it as far as we had hoped. Maybe I should just do it again, only with a very ugly un-wanted vw,,,,,, then maybe it would make its journey.... thoughts?

Reply to
vwluvrs

she had fun in canada, maybe she just didn't want to go to back to the USA :)

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn"
Reply to
BugBum

....................It was one of you homicidal Canadians who killed poor little Ramvy. If only he had made it to my house back here in the states, he could have lived happily ever after here in The Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. I bet he got used as a hockey puck in a game that was the climax of a typical weekend in the great white north of binge drinking and public lewdness while racing naked on snowmobiles.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I remember Ramvy went to a guy that lived near Peter Cressman, but I can remember his name. If I remember right, all attempts to contact him did not result in any replys.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

Sorry they disappeared. I know that you were the person that got the ball rolling on the Ramvy program. It was fun until it disappeared.

I remember another cool thing that we did that was a lot of fun. Remember a year or Two ago when John Henry went on vacation. We all talked about going to his house and having a keg party while he was gone. Someone posted a photo, and everyone with photo shop kept adding stuff as to what John's house would look like while we all were there trashing his house, with all of our VWs parked outside. I wish I could find a link to that photo. It was a classic. :o) Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

Hehehehe... apparently you haven't seen "Bowling For Columbine".....

Do their asses freeze onto the snowmobile seats???

Allan :-)

Reply to
Allan Williams

...................His name is Art Gostick and he lives in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada . I actually spoke to him over the telephone and asked him about little Ramvy. Art said that he would send him right out........he didn't seem to realize that there was a problem with keeping him for so long. This must have been almost a year(?) ago.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I can get the original, and we could start again, but where that modified one went, dunno...--

Reply to
vwluvrs

I saw that movie, i thought the first half was good but i fell asleep during the second.

Tragic.

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn"
Reply to
BugBum

If Art Gostick in Canada still has one of them then he should be found and forcibly dragged before King Andersson for sentencing. In a crime as heinous as theft of Ramvy, there should be no statue of limitations:o)

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

Ramvy 2 last seen with with Art Gostick (last known address) RAmvy 1 last seen with banzai kg (Jim Kikuchi?) in South San Francisco CA..

Reply to
vwluvrs

A strategical placed 9mm through a vital joint(a tad up from the ancle :0) ) would suit them fine, eh??

J.

Reply to
BergRace

Terry, Jim posts every now and then at STF...(just posted recently)....go there and ask him for Ramvy?

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

"Bill Berckman" wrote

This one?:

I believe that was originally posted by Troy (Bugzilla).

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

LOL thats the one. Did you notice who parked their Baja right at the front door. We will have to photoshop a Jeep in now. Someone needs to clean up all of theose Beer cans off the front porch before John gets home. My picture is the guy in the water directly above the Ramva Clubhouse Banner. What is that in the water in the back (where the shark is). Someone needs to fix John's garage door too. :o)