Is this a scam or what?

I keep getting this recording that says; My auto warrantee has most likely expired and I must hurry to extend it. They always say it's my second notice , while in truth they've called a dozen times. What makes me skeptical is that my car is 47 y.o. Could it be they offered a warrantee for VW's that I don't know about? maybe a 50 year one. I dunno, too good to be true?

Reply to
1 who waits

Yes, it appears to be some sort of scam; I'm not sure of the details. I find that googling phone numbers that I don't recognize can be helpful. I don't have any recent examples on my caller ID, so I can't be more specific at the moment.

Reply to
Roger Ivie

i get the same messages... "we've made several attempts to reach you"...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Most people are getting these. We got them for both my Nissan and my wife's

Reply to
george taylor

They are (or were) from a scam outfit in Missouri, they had a feature on them on our local (Lexington KY) news about 2 months ago. It could be a different place, but the reporters said it was a scam. If you want an extended warranty on your car, talk to your auto dealer for reputable companies (although you probably won't get one on a 47 yo car).

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

In Australia at least a lot of these "extended warranties" have so many exclusions and conditions they are not worth the paper they are written on. The conditions also include mandatory servicing at one of their outlets and the prices are exorbitant.

99% of people will have the cost of any repairs they have made under warranty well and truly swamped by inflated servicing costs. My sister made a claim on a replacement "starter motor" only to have it fail again 3 months later out of warranty. Dealer remarked "well, they only last about that time". Was a Lucas but even so ................ Son had a timing chain fail on his Daewoo, shagged the engine completely. Even though it had been routinely serviced as per the book by the people supplying the extended warranty they refused to cover repairs to engine. A plague on all their houses. John
Reply to
John

I got the extended warranty on my Saturn at the dealer, and have had a few (minor) repairs done with no issues. I guess it depends on the company backing the warranty, but I got when the car was new. Right now there are a bunch of TV advertisements (here in Kentucky) for some extended car warranty company that states "if your car is less than 10 years old with under 200 miles, you can get a warranty through us" I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks