baden wurttemberg?

My oval is loaded with stickers on its side & rear windows (like visibility is limited enough without them). One of them has the words Baden Wurttemberg (with 2 little dots over the u) with some sort of crest like thingie under the lettering. I tried doing a google on this, but found nothing, and can't recall ever reading anything VW related on Baden Wurttemberg. Anybody have any info on what the heck this sticker is for? Car is a US car & spent its early days in California if that helps any. Just been looking at the darn thing for so long that curiosity has finally gotten me. Thanks. - DB

Reply to
DB

Is one of the Bundesländer in Germany Bundesländer is like States in the US

Greetings from Denmark.... Michael (with a 74 1303 with still alot of work to do)

Reply to
MIC

Oops, that part I knew (through googling) - sorry. I just don't get the connection with VW or being on a VW. Maybe there is no connection, maybe somebody just slapped it on the car or something, having been there. I was kinda hoping to find that it was some long dead VW club or event or something. Oh well. - DB

Reply to
DB

Well, Stuttgart's in Baden-Wurtenburg (whose spelling I just mangled). IIRC, Porsche is headquartered around there somewhere; I'm thinking Freidrichshafen, but that's probably just because I'm a Zeppelin nut. I used to live over in the Zuffenhausen area, but that was many many years ago.

I'm not sure why you think there's necessarily a connection between VW and the stickers on the car. I certainly can't think of one between Volvos and visualizing whirled peas...

Reply to
Roger Ivie

Thats the funniest thing I've ever seen on this group!!!!!

Reply to
Cletus

Well, I guess because it is all of the other stickers on the car "the best loved cars in the world" "ovals only" Vintage Volkswagen Club of America Volkswagen Club of America and ... a couple of others that I can't recall right now of course there is a UCLA medical and a yin/yang thing too. Just thoought it might be something interesting that I might not want to scrape off

-DB

Reply to
DB

Could it be a club ? a play on Bad Camberg ?

Reply to
Juper Wort

That was along the lines that I was thinking. - DB

Reply to
DB