Bay window ebrake help needed.

Folks, I have been trying to get this straight for a few weeks now. I just got some replacement parts from Busted Bus.

Prior to these parts, If i pulled the ebrake it would hold and then start "popping" off the ratcheting mechanism thus giving me no real ebrake. It would work until it "popped" off the ratcheting mechanism.

From prior help postings, i figured the notched shaft was worn, and thus ordered it, and a new collar for it too.

I installed all, and now the ratched does not even want to hold it at all..ant my old notched shaft was sort of bent up, too, so thought for sure it would have been the problem.

I looked at the finger that is supposed to engage the notched shaft, and it seems to be pliable and its spring is still intact..............Any ideas out there on how to make this thing function?

Reply to
Vanagon Man

Hi Adam

Is the shaft installed with notches at the top?

err "pliable" - the latching finger is a piece of hard steel. It is spring loaded to catch the notches in the shaft, and points towards the rear of the vehicle. Maybe it's to worn to catch?

Grahame from Aus

Reply to
Grahame Rumballe