Check this video out!! I thought I' d seen it all, but no, Arabs and fast cars!

That stuff is so awesome. They do it with automatics I believe, the goal is supposed to be to spin the car and keep going and then keep spinning it (which they did in the second to the last clip). They also do other driftish stuff like was in the video. I saw a video with that same car in it, only it was crashing into people constantly... Thats some crazy stuff, eh?

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Holzer

It's a "cultural thang". Too bad they don't do that in Ford Explorers with Firestone tires.

Reply to
jjs

Maybe it's just me being a product of my upbringing but I'd think a big open parking lot and 2 feet of fresh snow is a lot more fun.

Snow is more likely to result in usable tires after you're done, too. Makes it easier to conceal such activities from the parents. ;)

Reply to
Seth Graham

Yeah, drifting is nothing new, what surprised me was the proximity to people....

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Considering the location, I'm not even surprised :) It's the same people who enjoy firing automatic weapons in the air, without realizing the bullets will have to come down too eventually.... ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Iz zat what Bob Dylan meant when he sang, "A hard rain is gonna fall."?

BTW - Bullets falling straight down smart a bit but they won't kill you.

Reply to
jjs

Weeell, I have also fired what one might refer to as unauthorised weapons in the air, although not straight up.. Anyways with modern ammo and earth rotation, cross wind etc, I doubt the downfall would be more accurate than my farths...

I just thought the bystanders braindead, perhaps it is tha thang in Arab country.. PhtHtt... As the road runner would say...

J. :-o

Reply to
P.J. Berg

I'm with you there Seth. When I first moved up here to Alaska from Sacramento I was a terror on the roads. I would take my midwatch breaks in the Federal Building parking lot with my early 80's Subiewagon. I was drifting before drifting was cool until the Admiral caught wind of my early morning activities.

Ken Juneau

Reply to
JuneauBug

Less accurate! (We can hope!)

I've been shot once, and hit by frag and ricochettes and believe me, it ain't no fun but falling bullets are just an annoyance... well, 12ga slugs would really smart, but they don't use 'em in wars. :) Not 'civilized' ones, anyway.

Reply to
jjs

Bullshit. They do kill, there are several incidents.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I bet there is more to that story that was reported there. Odds are the gun was pointed more directly at the man that was shot. A falling bullet will reach terminal velocity and stop accelerating far before having enough energy to do that kind of damage.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

do some research :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I've read at least three separate news articles describing how someone got killed by a falling bullet. Must just be more common around here for people to shoot into the air. ;-)

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

You believe that story?

Reply to
jjs

You read it on the internet so it has to be true?

Get friggin real.

Reply to
jjs

I'm reading what you're saying "on the internet" and I sure as hell don't believe it, you assbag. :-)

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

Does it require effort on your part to be such a dick or does it just come naturally?

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

The guy mixes feet per second and KPH on the bullet speeds so he is hard to follow but he does get the terminal velocity right rather than promote the myth that the bullets come down at the same speed they went up.

I would like to see some tests with this on ballistics gel. I've read plenty of good sounding info on this leaning both directions.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

I say we have a RAMVA gathering, and those of us who think these kinds of injuries are possible can fire into the air, and those of you who think this is an urban legend can stand in the landing zone. Hell, I've even seen cases of bb's cracking the glass in skylights when this has happened. Just don't tell my grandparents.

ken juneau, ak

Reply to
JuneauBug