Check this video out!! I thought I' d seen it all, but no, Arabs and fast cars!

And a left shoulder-pad. Fer sure. You know that small vulnerable area medial of the clavicle by the neck - straight shot to the heart from the top. :)

Reply to
jjs

Any falling object will fall with the heavy end down. The pointed end of a bullet is the light end. Pointed bullets shoot faster out of a gun but are more prone to swapping ends and tumbling when deflected. The original .223 M16 rounds could start to tumble if hit blades of grass.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Are you serious? If you are really serious, then you should seriously consider a visit to your doctor in the very near future or I suspect your time here on earth will be very short. Have you been struck by a blunt object in the head recently? Have you fallen and smashed your head against a hard object? Have you experienced diziness or light-headedness or a feeling of pressure behind the eyes? Have you recently experimented with "recreational drugs?" There is clearly something very wrong going on inside of your head. Tumor? Senility? General head trauma? Drugs? Mental illness is not a joke, so I'll try to refrain from laughing at you in the future. Get help before you get any worse. They do make medication to treat the symptoms you have been displaying. Take care of yourself, JJ.

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

JT:

A bullet flies point first only if it has ballistic stability, and the degree of that stability is dependent upon its sectional density (there's a more complex calculation called Ballistic Coefficient) and the _spin_ of the bullet. Typcial 7.62 bullets aren't made for match quality and they yaw, or cone at the extreme we are considering. The bullet is tumbling when if falls from a straight-up shot.

Pretty good run-on. 100mph (let's round it off) is only 147 feet-per-second (fp/sec)

Wrong comparison. A typical kid's BB gun shoots from 200 fp/sec to 400 fp/sec. Precision air-guns often shoot to 1,200 fps. The former won't kill you. The later certainly can but you see it's got a velocity something like

8 times greater, and directional stability. Shooting one of those with the right projectile is like stabbing someone with an icepick. But you see how wrong thinking the comparison is.

I saw your comment in the context of another post. I have not had an outburst. I spoke steadily. You were the one to launch with all-caps and name-calling. Review, relax.

Reply to
jjs

"Anthony W" wrote

Some M16's rounds could be easily deflected and cause yawing or tumble. Part of the reason is the very light bullet and for some rounds, the poor ballistic coefficient. That said, I'm sure you have been impressed by some match-quality "M-16" setups - that don't have to shoot through vegetation. :)

There was a popular, well documented theory about weapons of war that said that you did not want an automatic long-barreled weapon that shot all the bullets in the same hole, nor even close to that. And many automatic weapons were made to behave that way. The 'spray' effect of a mass of bullets could compensate for operator error, misjudgments and variances in manufacturing.

In addition, a yawing bullet had a more devastating effect upon what it hit - kind of working around the Geneva Conventions.

Reply to
jjs

All in good humour! :-)

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

thanks Tony, makes sense, however i'm not the one claiming to be the expert, so i will have to get JJS's take on your post before i can accept it...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

well first, BULLSHIT.....i did not write in all caps, and i am not the one that started the personal attacks, and you never killfiled me(you have threatened for years, but never followed through)...name calling? sure, i use all the adjectives i need. I am relaxed, always on usenet, because i don't take jackholes seriously....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

The first M16's had a relatively slow rifling twist rate and that was one of the first improvements made to it to increase bullet stability. I won?t go into the rest of the things that are/were wrong with the rifle?

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

I'm not saying that a falling bullet can't kill but the odds of it happening are rather slim even if the bullet hits some one. A short, fat bullet like the .45 ACP round in the original post would have more air resistance and therefore lower terminal velocity than a 7.62mm (.308") slug. That's why I think the falling bullet story is a cover up for something even more stupid (or devious.)

On the other hands I've heard that the tar roofs in citys of many middle-east countries have lots of bullets stuck in them. Around here that type of activity will earn you a pair of S$W stainless steel bracelets.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

I was pretty young when the M15, M16 were being tested, but I still remember. I was unconcerned. Who would have known that POS would be the weapon of the war of my generation.

Reply to
jjs

JJ said everything on the internet is a lie so that must be true. But wait... I read him say that on the internet so what he said is a lie because everything on the internet is a lie...but if what he said is a lie then not everything on the internet is a lie so maybe what he said was not a lie which means it's true which means everything on the internet is a lie which means... Oh, my head! JJ, save me with your wisdom of tumbling bullets and such. "Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

i personally dug 7 bullets out of a leaky roof here in my area....looked to be a small caliber such as a .22.....they were point down....can't imagine them coming anywhere but from above, due to they did not completely penetrate the roofing and underlying sheeting....they kinda looked like odd nails that were outof place...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

If they came down on a 45 or 60 degree angle, then they would still be traveling at speeds faster than if they were falling straight down. I think most if not all of the supposed injuries from falling bullets are from bullets on the low end of a horizontal trajectory.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

The M16 or rather the AR15 isn't a bad rifle but it's totally unsuited for combat in severe conditions (like desert and jungle.)

I still plan to own one but it's not high on my list. Right now my business get up every loose dollar for R&D, tools and equipment...

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

I'm over the M16. My second favorite for years has been the Ruger Stainless

7.65. It's the perfect match: the most common round of good performance and American Ruger. The 7.65 Commie is very close to 30-30 balistics. The 223 is somewhere closer to a harassing round for gophers.

My favorite was the H&K 308 G3. I had two. No recoil to speak of. Awesome power. But I just don't need weapons anymore.

Reply to
jjs

Aren't you being a little hard on him? You have to take any undocumented source with a grain of salt... Also the Internet has given every asshole a public voice.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

I have this perp killfiles but he came up in context.

I never said that and you know it. Are you so friggin drunk you forgot that setting up a straw man just points to you as the fool?

Reply to
jjs

Other than my hunting guns, I only collect single shot rifles and anything designed by J.M. Browning. So far I only have 3 and many of the ones I'd like to have are on the restricted list.

An AR15 for me would be a high-end plinker. I've sold off my Rugers, they're plenty strong but most of them don't shoot straight.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

spoken like a true trained assassin! yikes!

Ken

Reply to
JuneauBug