Confused about full flow oil kit for 78 Bus

I did a google newsgroup search for information regarding full flow oil filtration kits for _later_ busses, and im seeing crosseyed... so here's some stupid questions:

1) Is my 1978 FI 2.0L Bus already full flow? This engine is _stock_. 2) The kit at aircooled.net: any experience, and what else do i need to get? (i.e. hoses, clamps, etc?) 3) Will the adapter at aircooled.net (so i dont have to tap the case) work as well as tapping? 4) Can i use my stock oil cooler? Gene Berg's site suggest yes...

I cant seem to get a straight answers and im just getting more confused b/c most threads are about Type1's or earlier busses than mine (i.e. before the

2.0L). Im not askin for you guys to explain every detail, but if you could point me to a website that hits on one or more of the above questions that'd be great.

Chris

-still learning...

Reply to
C-Man

Chris,

while we'd love to sell you a kit, it's not needed on that 2.0L bus engine, which already has a filter. The stock cooler is also very good.

Your best bet is to get a head temperature gauge so you can monitor the engine temps. That's the best investment to keep the engine in good shape, besides regular maintenance.

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

Thank you, that clears up _everything_, you have no idea! I will definately check out the temp gague. Chris

Reply to
C-Man