Dellorto jets

I stripped apart one of my carbs today and on inspection of the idle jets, I noticed they had '46' stamped on the side. Now I was under the impression that I had '60' idle jets, and I did not think that '46' idle jets were available. Does anyone know what is going on?

Reply to
Gareth Edwards

PERHAPS THE IDLE JET WAS BORED TO THE LARGER SIZE OF 60 ??? THAT'S A COMMON THING.............................................

Reply to
Burnett

Never heard of an odd number like that?

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

The carbs derived from Italy and if you were to open up a carb that was pulled directly from a say a Fiat or ? you will notice the jetting corresponds to a smaller motor and the jets will be noticeably smaller. The carbs sold here in the U.S. are all sold with the larger jets and a 45-55 idle jet is the norm.............

Reply to
Burnett

Am I missing something here?? Idle jets come in many sizes for Dells. I just went bought 3 different sets in the fifty range. Many guys don't realize the are not just for idle. If you want more mid range power up the idle jets and in some cases you can them decrease the size of your mains for better gas mileage, yet the same top end. Joe

Reply to
Joe Cali - Next Generation-USA

alfa romeo 33 in 1300cc version. common in italy some 1500 and 1700 had 52 as idle jet Peppe

Burne

Reply to
PEPPE