dome light install

Howdy, I'm going to try to get a dome light installed this week in my '74 super. I found these very good directions at

that tells how to doit. However, the phrase"Starting at the hole for the light fixture, snake a stiff piece of coathanger wire with a hook in one end down and into the left door jam, thenthrough the hole in the tin that the defroster tube passes through. Push thecoat hanger wire on into the cabin right above the top of the carpeting.",throws me. I can't picture where they are talking about. Damn, if only I could just buy an Ultima Edicion Mexican Beetle for $8k, it would make life so much simpler!

Reply to
Ben Boyle

You should first check to see if the wire is still up there, try to feel around the windshield side of the hole. Most of the time they are and may only need to be reconnected to the fixture. Your message describes the path the wire is taking from the dome light to the firewall. I have a 72 but the dome wire should be the same. Open the hood and look in the corner behind the driver side firewall and you should see a curved tube a little bigger than an inch. That's the area your coat hanger will drop down in.

Reply to
Mike