Drain plate studs

Hi All

What is the correct torque for the six nuts that hold the oil sump plate up? I know the oil drain plug is 30 NM is this the same for the nuts? The last thing I need is to pull the studs.

Many Thanks Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

According to Tom Wilson, the oil drain plugs is 25 ft-lbs (whatever that is in Nueton-meters) and the sump plate "acorn" nuts are only 5 ft-lbs.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

25 foot pound-force = 33.8954488 newton meter 5 foot pound-force = 6.7790898 newton meter
Reply to
EuroBug

Thanks Dan.

Also, make sure the acorn nuts do not bottom-out on the end of the stud. I used 2 gaskets on my new engine to avoid this.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Thanks Guys for the quick response! I use a service kit (normally) and those come with two gaskets, or alternatively I use standard nuts that can't bottom out!

Regards Kev>

Reply to
Kevin