find TDC with valves?

I think cam may be worn, I'd like to see if TDC on valves matches TDC on crank...

how do I find TDC by watching valves?

Rich

Reply to
aiiadict

Remove 3/4 valve cover. Rotate engine in the direction of rotation. Watch #3 valves. You see the exhaust open then close. JUST as the exhaust closes the intake will start to open. Stop. At the point of rocking: when the exhaust and intake are at the same position, your timing mark should be on TDC for #1 to fire. You can rock the crank back and forth and watch the rocker arms rock.

Reply to
Karl