Flat or dished cam, how can you tell?

Hi guys, my question is a simple one, is there a way to tell from the outside (or by removing the oil pump) if an engine has a flat or dished cam? My engine is a stock 1300 with a mexican block, brazilian oil pump and all sort of replaced parts, so I don't even know what exactly is in it and that is really bothering me.

TIA, Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

Yes. Very easy once the oil pump is out. The dished cam also has 4 studs, while teh flat type only has 3.

Whether ist's dished or flat, doesn't really make any difference :) As long as the oil pump matches it.

Jan

Reply to
Jan