need help changed front beam

I changed the front beam on my buggy ( new ball joints, tie rod ends, steering damper, and shocks) used beam. I have put the left side (drivers) together when I went to put the right side together, the tie rod is hitting the frame horn. I know it must have been some thing I did. the only thing that I'm not sure about is the steering box, Haynes says that the clamp goes one way for a ghia and the other for a bug. I have tried both ways but it still hits. there are no markings on the clamp. I am at a loss, I tried twisting the steering box on the beam to try and get the tie rod higher to no avail. one thing went well today I was able to change the shift rod busing with only minor complications, pushed it thru when I was sliding the shift rod thru, had to start over. got it the 2nd time. back to the beam issue is it possible that the torsion springs got twisted in the beam. I tried jacking up the lower torsion arm to see if it helped and it didn't. I am at a loss for logical explanations. any thoughts would be helpful thanks David

Reply to
David

Are the tie rods above the steering box arm? got pictures of what it looks like now? are the shocks installed? they can limit travel some

dave

Yes, if you mean stud facing down

just the left one David

Reply to
David

"David" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I have pics of my beam as I took it off my bug, it that will help.

Go to the link below and then visit the Axle R&R link.

Reply to
TerryB