green light is on--help!!!

I just had a top end overhaul done on the 1600 in my '66 Beetle. At around

60-65 mph, the oil light comes on. Should I switch to a higher viscosity oil, is the pump going, is it a short in the wiring, or is it something else? Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Richard Couch Iowa City, IA '66 Type I '83 Rabbit GTI

Reply to
Richard Couch

............Put in an oil pressure gauge.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Make sure the wire to your oil pressure light didn't fall off and ground against something else on the engine. Then check the wire to make sure it didn't wear thru its insulation somewhere. Any short between this wire and ground will make the oil pressure light go on.

Don't switch to thicker oil!

If you really have low oil pressure at this speed, then you have a real engine problem. Different oil won't fix this.

-

Jim Adney

Hi neighbor,

Check to make sure your sump screen isn't clogged up.

Dave Mt. Pleasant, Ia

Reply to
Dave Brower