Guidance on radio install on a 2003/1970 conversion MexiBeetle

Hi all,

We're soon going to be getting out 2003 Mexibeetle on a 1970 pan. This isn't the Ultima Edicion so there's no radio. They do have the pop out in the dash for it and the hole in the outside with a plug it in for the antenae.

Wondering if anyone knows of sites we can look at for how to add a radio? We're trying to determine if it's something we can do ourselves (I think so), but would like to be sure. Also - does anyone happen to know the dimensions of the radio that was stock in say a 1970? We have an AM/FM/CD car stereo laying around and thought maybe we could put that in it. It's got an electric blue panel on it which would be a good match for our new car.

Also - anyone know if an automatica up and down antenae would work?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
ismlv
1) The ultima edicion comes with a CD player radio. 2) any single DIN radio would fit 3) Any antenae would work, but to keep the looks right use a 1968 or later antenae or the one that comes with it. 4) Follow the instructions that come with your radio to install. Basically, you just have to plug power, antenae and speakers.

Hope it helps Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

I have a 99 Mexi, it didn't come with a radio and I'm not putting one in. I like the sound of that engine purring in the back.

Reply to
VW66HOF78

Send me your current e-mail address, sent you a picture but it was returned, no account with yahoo.

Reply to
VW66HOF78

Are you talking to yourself?

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

No, I'm talking to the yahoo with the yahoo account, because they returned the yahoo message stating there's no yahoo account. Get it??

Reply to
VW66HOF78