Haddam Lion's "Rollin' on the River" Car Show

Date: 2003-07-13

Time: 07:00:00 - 14:00:00 Event Description:

Haddam Lion's "Rollin' on the River" Car Show.Haddam Meadows State Park, Rte. 154, Haddam, Ct. Dash plaques to the first 300 cars. Entrant judged. 3 trophies per class and best of show. Open VW class. Wide variety of food and drink available. Show cars $5.00 entrance fee. Easily accessable from I-95 or I-91 to Rte. 9 to Rte. 154. For further info contact Paul @ 860 345-2615 or Kevin @860 345-3949.

See the CVA web site for details/directions:

Lawlor CVA Webmaster snipped-for-privacy@CtVwA-spam-.com

CVA Webmaster

Hey Phil, I may try to hit that one myself, at least for a little while. I have a copy of their official flyer, and it lists the VW class as: "pre-'79 VW" (many other classes are also listed as "-'to '78," or "pre-'79," so it appears they're going with a 25 year old cut-off. Best regards, Steve

Reply to
Steve from Common Gear

I also have some add'l details about the 7/13 Haddam, CT "Rollin'" show, posted at the Shoreline Antique Auto Connection's Calendar page--scroll down to July

13th on this page:
Other VW stuff going on 7/13 in New England...

This is per the June 2003 issue of VVWCA's "Vintage Voice" newsletter (page 4, "Coming Events" section): "July 13 (Sun), Dedham, Mass: The 32nd annual Endicott Estate Show will have it's 3rd year with a VW class sponsored by BSVWOC." (no other details presented). The Endicott Estate Show site is:

And if that weren't enough...I also assume you have the 7/13 *CVA event* in Manchester, CT also highlighted, Phil?! (wish I could make it, but Haddam's a lot closer, and I have a lot of other non-VW chores to do this weekend)...

Best to all,

Steve

Steve from Common Gear Common Gear Antique Volkswagen Society - A VVWCA Affiliate

Creek, CT

Reply to
Steve from Common Gear