Help! Wheel bearing/spacer problems on a 1971 Super Beetle

Hello folks.. I've been watching this forums looking for miscellaneous things from time to time on my vw beetle.... I bought this 1971 super beetle from a junk yard and trying to fix it up. The rear wheel was taken apart before I got it and half assembled. I have been able to scrounge around and find miscellaneous parts.. but am unsure as to how it actually goes together (spacers, o rings and so forth) I dissassembled the other side and it doesn't look like what I've seen in my manuals (they leave out the inner side) Is there an online assembly drawing or where can I go for one? I have seen a few different versions of how to put it together, but it seems they're leaving parts out in comparison to others. I have yet to see a full drawing showing both the inner and outer bearings and spacers.. Please Help!!!! Steve

Reply to
Steven Hagerty

See this article on my web site:

Also, Vic has a nice exploded view from the parts fiche:
it has P/N's.

Reply to
Speedy Jim