Herbie !!

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 22:02:08 -0400, "Joey Tribiani" scribbled this interesting note:

Gee, do you, like, really think so? Like, really, I mean, it starts and runs without it, so, like, it must not be all that, like, important, right?

John Willis

Just noticed this over at The Samba:

Their site and the logo:
oldbug.com supplied the base cars and, according to them, FAT Performance built the engines for the Nascar Herbies and Disney built the cars in house:

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

LOL...well John someone piped up in that thread at thesamba saying the rear plate isn't needed...says hes in az and doesn't have one and his 1835 never overheats..(*he said he has neither front nor rear breastplates)...so i guess its not needed...cause i read it on the internet...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

When the Herbie Cruise stopped in Pensacola last Sat. Herbie was met at a Rest Area 20 miles outside of Town. The car was driven at expressway speeds and escorted into town by the Sheriffs Dept. basically nonstop as all intersections were blocked by the Sheriffs cars. Herbie made the trip without difficulty. When the Cruise stopped at Pete Moore VW we had

2 hours to take pictures and closely examine good ole # 53 and talk with the Disney people and Dave from Karmann Ghia Parts and Restorations. This car was classified as Herbie #9 the Junk Yard car. In the movie it is seen as rusted and beat up in a Junkyard. =A0=A0For the purpose of the cruise across America for the movie promotion Herbie was given a fresh paint job and a new engine. The tin was left off because the headers were scortching the paint off ad Herbie was only supposed to be driven on and off the Trailer! The 25 plus mile trip that Herbie made with us was the longest that the car had been driven. All in all it was a great day for about a hundred club members and their families and really cool being escorted through town with About 50+ VW's and support vehicles. Thanks for the kind words Susan.

Be Cool.....AIRCOOLED !!

"Wild" Bill Tucker

President Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, Florida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

No wonder it's on a trailer - with idiocy like that it's going to be a toad anyway.

Reply to
johnboy

Oh yeah! I forgot! It flies, too!

Reply to
johnboy

Yeah, that is why I have just spent the last couple weeks tracking down flaps to put in my shroud. I have never had them and since they are not needed any more I thought I would put them in so I could look cool for having something no one else does.

I could spray them flat black so they can really not be seen, how cool is that?

I am being mean here, guess I need to stop it before I offend someone.

Really though, I have just bought the flaps to put in. I don't have the stat or the connecting rods, just the flaps for now. Will get the rest as I can find it from someone who does not think it is gold. If it is considered rare cause few people use them any more, does not mean to me they should be priced through the roof. Geezzz!!! Now the stats are kind of a different story, they are just expensive.

Reply to
TerryB