I'm baaaaaaack...... :-)

'64 with sunroof. Every fender is dented, the hood doesn't close right, the paint is faded and chipped, the shifter is creaky, the steering wheel is crooked, the driver's side rear pan is rusted completely through in one spot, but the heater channels are solid, I just hit 82 mph with it on the highway coming back to work, then the oil light didn't even flicker at idle after 15 minutes of highway driving (and yes, the light works), it doesn't blow smoke, the transmission feels solid as a rock, and the sunroof and windows all crank open and closed. My new daily driver. WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Reply to
Shag

pix, now!

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Reply to
Eric

Only one pic so far and it's supposed to be from 3 years ago when the PO bought the car (California titled supposedly) from the woman who owned it before he did:

'll get some more recent pics soon. I just moved to a differenthouse out in the middle of nowhere and only have dial-up so far. Nocable or DSL out here. I'm hoping to have that taken care oftomorrow. Stay tuned. :-)

Reply to
Shag

Yer Bug is definitely in the image of you. Don't touch it.

Reply to
pico

  1. You suck
  2. Sounds like your kinda car, except that it runs ;)

Welcome back, I missed you ya big lug :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Whats that I hear? a sawz-all? LCBII maybe?

Good to see ya back in a bug!

Reply to
dragenwagen

;-)

Reply to
Scott H

they do 'call' you back dont they !

welcome back shaggy :)

I have also just bought my old 68 bay back, after 'straying' with a couple of T4 transporters.

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Reply to
Kafertoys

Hey Shag welcome back. Come see me in Burlington I think I have just what you need to take care of your fender problem. You can have the whole baja set up very cheap,

Mario Vintage Werks resto

[...]

heh heh... OK, it was painful with dialup but I got 15 pictures uploaded and here they are...

etc.... up to...
the DOT-approved ethernet cable in 06.jpg... :-)Oh, YES I noticed the nice glass fuel filter on the pressure side ofthe pump and that will be fixed immediately.

Reply to
Shag

Not bad! You know, instead of limiting your driving range to what is the longest CAT5 cable combination you can find, you could set your car up for Wireless pretty cheap.... gives you a bit more freedom and you don't need to worry about the neighborhood kids unplugging your cable just as you are trying to download some maps to find your way back home...

;) Just trying to help. Jan

Reply to
Jan

Hey Shag welcome back. Come see me in Burlington I think I have just what you need to take care of your fender problem. You can have the whole baja set up very cheap,

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

NICE.

I see potential here.... Another Baja? Drag racer? A show-off? Or does this one stay as a daily driver?

I'm looking forward to read your adventures again ;o) Roger

Reply to
bug '59

It's about friggin' time. Damnit. Welcome back Shag!

Now that the nice crap is outta the way......WHEN ARE YOU GONNA CUT THE SUCKER UP???

Sneaks '68 T1 Volksrod in the making

Reply to
Swenson

Good to see you back in the game, Shag.