indicators dont click back after turning

hi guys, the indicators on my car doesnt click back after turning the wheel back. i earlier had problems with the indicator switch and after much work on it by my foreman, i got it working. but it doesnt return to its position after doing a turn. thanks guys, dev

Reply to
haridev

maybe the steering wheel is on wrong. or not close enough to the directional's works. there is a tab that must engage the mechanism for it to cancel. good luck

g adds. MONEY , what a concept

Reply to
BananaRepublican

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:30:14 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (haridev) scribbled this interesting note:

Please repost year of car. It helps to have more complete information.

John Willis

My 70 had that problem when I first got it. Some plastic parts in the switch mechanism on the steering column had broken off. Took replacing the whole switch unit to fix it.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

my car is a 1971 with a stock steering wheel. the hard wheel(not padded wheel). the switch works in place but the problem is that when the wheel is fitted it doesnt work. my guess too is because of the gap between the wheel and the switch.the only problem is that i lack a box spannar to remove the wheel. :cry: anyway how do you guys make the gap closer?

Reply to
haridev

there are two 13mm head bolts that secure the steering column to the underside of the dash...they have slots in the mounting "ears"...loosen the bolts and slide the colum upward/outward toward the wheel...no need to remove the steering wheel...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani