"lamps" for in dash?

do you know where i can find "lamps" like that would go in the dash for the oil temp light, or turn signal lights?? thanks ~Peace~Justin

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

(6 Volt)
(12 Volt) I believe the bulbs are the same bulb as what is used to light the fuel gauge and speedometer.

Wade Hasbrouck

1967 Beetle (Debuger)
Wade Hasbrouck

thanks for the link, but thats just the bulb. I need a setup. Like the turn indicator. I think i found them through EMPI, but i need one for the oil temp light. Its a custom dash, and the VGO gauge is in. Right next/above is the wiring for the light. Its a drilled hole with the wires ready to be crimped onto the lamp. I need to find the lamp. ~Peace~Justin

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

I think you mean the socket not the lamp as the lamp is the bulb.

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

can i just mount those in the dash?? How big are they? Thanks for the links! ~Peace~Justin

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

Try "RadioShack" or "FLAPS"

Troy '74 Baja,

68 vert "basket case!!!" 73 Beetle "nice body, pan"

"New Club" "Mid. Ga. Vdubbers"

My Personal site

VWDUDE

Sorry for the name change. I posted in another group and change my name.

Troy '74 Baja,

68 vert "basket case!!!" 73 Beetle "nice body, pan"

"New Club" "Mid. Ga. Vdubbers"

My Pers>

Reply to
Troy '74 Baja

Nope, they are the "holder" for the bulbs. For the dash mounted one, you need the mounting thingy (sorry, can't name it), motor factors nearly always sell these though.

-- Howard

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe -
Austin Mini DeLuxe -
Austin Mini Super DeLuxe~~ To email me, go to my website ~~
Reply to
Howard Rose

It appears that the 9371-74 clip into a round hole of a proper size. It appears that the 9375-78 have a nut instaed of a clip that hold it in a hole of a proper size.

Either should work. But you need to check with the company selling them if you can not see them yourself before ordering.

Radio Shack or any chain autoparts store should also have something you could use.

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
Thanks ~Peace~Justin
Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

The British name for the place that you go and buy all your car parts/accessorys from :-) Don't know what the American equivalent is.

Yes. That's the thing I was talking about! Should come with the bulb all in, ready to go.

-- Howard

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe -
Austin Mini DeLuxe -
Austin Mini Super DeLuxe~~ To email me, go to my website ~~
Reply to
Howard Rose

Oh, and check the law on the colours too... In the UK, they have to be green on post 1964 cars.

-- Howard

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe -
Austin Mini DeLuxe -
Austin Mini Super DeLuxe~~ To email me, go to my website ~~
Reply to
Howard Rose

so maybe get 2 green ones for indicators, and 1 for the oil light...??

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er