Need Radio ?

I was scouting around for a nice working radio for my '68 project Beetle. Didn't have to look original, but must have good reception.

Long and short of it, I came across a seller on eBay who has a pile of NOS Mitsubishi radios. They have cassette deck, which kinda dates them. AM/FM *and* a clock! Provision for driving front and rear speakers. No Un-Lock code required.

The best part was the price (being the frugal sort):

$4.95

!!

This is going in a Beetle with the padded dash and I was able to file the VW plastic trim ring to accept the radio. The dash will need a teeny bit or surgery to conform to DIN dimensions. The radio actually measures 2" X 7" .

Pics showing the trim ring here:

He still has a number of them listed if anyone is interested:

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

looks good jim and it kind of looks like a radio from an 84 rabbit/ golf. You can now get a fm transmitter to play a mp3 player thru your radio.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Crap. I was hoping for a 45RPM record player.

Reply to
John J