Need rebuilt 28 PICT haev question

The original carb on my '63 six volt is shot. It is leaking gas at the throttle linkage so I guess the bushings are worn, that coupled with the fact that the idle is erratic indicates an air leak through that area. I know one can have the carbs rebushed but is that something you can do yourself? There is a guy on the Samba, Richard Carey, who sells rebuilt 28s for $85 and chrages another $25 for the rebushing. Anyone on the list ever bought a carb from this guy? Or heard any stories pos or neg?

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

On 01 Oct 2004 22:38:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (Braukuche) scribbled this interesting note:

I have no idea about that fellow, but I can say I had the 28 PCI rebuilt on our '59 by a local carburetor shop and the cost was right around $100.00 and that included new throttle shaft bushings. For an extra $50.00 he would have replated the linkages too!

Ever since it has performed great.

John Willis