Need speedo rebuilder

For my 74 beetle.the Speedo is now shot.

Reply to
Vanagon Man

I have never used this place but they claim to do VDOs,

I have one local to me, if he is still in business. ;-)

happy new year! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

Rebuilding the speedo on my 70 was easy. It just needed cleaning and lube. I think St. Muir had something to say on lubrication.

Reply to
Michael Kelly

I might also suggest removing both ends of the speedo cable and thoroughly cleaning/lubricating. A cable that's either about to go or is sticking can cause your speedo to fluctuate like that.

Larry

Reply to
Larry St. Regis