New to me,,, A "Wild Westerner" bus...

Seems to be a bit of controversy surrounding this colour scheme.. I think the Designers at VWOA were on drugs in 1973 when they came up with this
scheme. It is rumored to have been a 1973 only colour scheme, and sold only on the west coast of the US.. Any one have any knowledge of them (other than what is on the Samba?)
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1051083.jpg
Did you read this topic: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t19543&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I don't see the pic you supplied anywhere on that thread, so that is why I ask.
On Tuesday, 23 April 2013 04:46:53 UTC+12, vwluvrs wrote:

Hmmm... not so keen on the blue stripe, but the two greens are AWESOME!