Second Opinion

My 65, Bebe, has a white interior, which I know is incorrect as per wolfsburg west: http://204.95.114.10/colors/65l519.htm So I found this car on Samba:

that has, what I thinkare, correct seats.

I can't seem to find the colour "iris" seats so I'm thinking of doing the seats to match the "water" blue on the door panels with an off white piping. See colour number 24 here

What do you guys think, should I go with the water seats or the off white the way they are now? Do you think it would be too much blue?

Here's more car pics:

?pic_id=104
I'm thinking the blue might be easier to keep clean.

-- Anna

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn"
Reply to
BugBum

..............Since you can't get the correct color, I'd say that the blue paint / white upholstery is aesthetically more attractive than blue on blue. As for the example from that ad at Samba, I never did like the white piping with a contrasting/brighter color but that's just me.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

With body paint that light a shade, I think you'd be sacrificing good looks if you went with the "more accurate" route.

Were it my car I'd leave it like it is. ;)

Reply to
Seth Graham

Since the car is incorrect sell it dirt cheap. Or even better - Shaggie's baja adventures needs replaced since he no longer has a baja. Chop it up into a baja! ;-] Or you could just keep it like it is and enjoy it.

(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

The covers have to be replaced the driver side is ripping :(

-- Anna

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy"
Reply to
BugBum

Hey Anna,

Here are some more color options:

-George

BugBum wrote:

Reply to
still in primer

your Bebe is beautiful - just so you know, k?

- not crazy about the iris/water blue. but to add to your confusion, i'd like #22 "Cream white" seats for Bebe. The front seats for 73 westy i bought this year are ripping too. Lasted 30 years with PO! Few months with me and the padding (copra?) is crumbling and falling out, so springs are tearing thru vinyl.

zeyad