online parts in us

I live in Britain and would like to know if there are any decent sites in the usa to order parts from, i know in cal. the prices are much cheaper than the uk..

help

-- Steven Moore snipped-for-privacy@Kmup.fsworld.co.uk

Reply to
Ste

really depends on what you are looking for but these two should start you in the right direction russ

Reply to
Russ

Reply to
Ben Boyle

What do you guys mean when you say "depends what you want" ~Peace~justin

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

Reply to
Ben Boyle

From what I've found, then unless there is a UK outlet for the US company then don't bother... The shipping costs are moderate, but you'll get hit by import tax and VAT on top of that!

Good places in the UK are:

VW Heritage -

VW Parts -
VW Heritage get most of their parts from the US manufactuerers...

Decent places for consumables is German Sweedish and French Car Parts. I don't have a web address, but they've loads of shops around the place, and usually give free catalogues out in magazines etc.

Reply to
Howard Rose

I have always received OUTSTANDING service and correct parts or other stuff from aircooled.net. They are with you before purchase, helping you decide what you need, or informing you about poor parts combination you are about to purchase etc... and they are there for you AFTER the sale, supporting you with installation etc... Doesn't get any better than that. If it did, it would be your dad selling the stuff to you. And hell, sometimes ya can't even trust him ;)

I live in Finland and the taxes are keeping me from using them on regular basis. (22% on top of total cost of the shipment, yes that includes 22% taxes on shipping costs too.. I get the hard to find special goodies from them.

Jan

Ben Boyle wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson