OT Bears in alaska

I received this email to day one hell of a bear just wanted to share David

You will need to read the story below BEFORE you look at these photos.

> I want to reiterate what was said by several of the people in the chain that > saw these shots before me. JPG #3 is going to be hard for some to stomach, > choose your viewing location wisely. You have been forewarned. > > I'll let you guys decide for yourselves whether to share these with the > women-folk. > > *********** > > The attached pictures are of a guy who works for the Forest Service in > Alaska. He was out deer hunting. A large Grizzly charged him from about 50 > yards away. The guy unloaded a 7mm Mag Semi-auto into the bear and it > dropped a few feet from him. The monster was still alive so he reloaded and > capped it in the head. > > It was over one thousand six hundred pounds, 12'6" high at the shoulder, 14' > to the top of his head. It's the largest Grizzly bear ever recorded in the > world. Of course, the game department did not let him keep it. It will be > mounted and put on display at the Anchorage airport (to remind tourist's of > the risks involved when in the wild). > > Think about it. You would be level with the bears belly button when he > stood, he would look you in the eye when walking! This bear on its hind legs > could walk up to the average single story house and look over the roof at > eye level. The bear had killed 2 other people. > > His last meal was the poor fellow on a nature hike. See Picture #3. > > Ouch. > > The Forest Service found his 38-caliber emptied. He shot 6-times and hit the > grizzly 4 (they found seven 7mm slugs and four 38 caliber slugs in > him) but obviously only wounded him since that encounter was estimated to be > 3 days prior to the bear's death. The 7mm has about 10 times the energy of a > .44 mag pistol and the 38 is a pop-gun compared to the .44-caliber. > > Fear is good. >

After clicking on the first link you can just use the slide show to view the other two or click on each link( or copy and paste if they warp)

David

Heres a shorter link to the 1st photo and then use slide show David

David

Holy Shit....

Reply to
Pete Cressman

It's easy to get away from Alaskan bears. Just carry a string of little bells to scare them away, and use pepper spray on them if they get too close.

Oh. And if you wonder if you're in bear country or not, just look for the bear shit. It'll have little bells in it, and smell like pepper.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

Its partially true: don't believe everything you read.

80.html

83.html

85.html

Reply to
Funkie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAhaHAHAHAhahahahaha :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

Emptying a hand gun clip in a bear in panic will not better your=20 chances of survival much either.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

SNOPES.COM that story to get the facts straight,..................

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®