tested my generator as per speedy jim

I changed my generator with one that I had when I changed my wife's buggy to an alternator. I did the test from speedy Jim's site (

) and was wondering itsays, "As you increase the engine speed,the voltage should jump up to +35 volts or so (@3000 RPM). If it passes thistest, the generator is good". At an idleI had 24.2 DC volts, and when I sped up the engine it went to 54.7 DCV, is thistoo much ? I don't know what my rpm'swere but I don't think it was 3000.Thanks, David

David

an alternator. I did the test from speedy

Yes, that is OK. The gennie is running un-regulated so the output voltage is not that predictable.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thanks Again,Speedy Jim

Reply to