OT: Beetle gets last minute death-row pardon

Welcome to my back yard. [:D]

Finally took the truck offroad to try out the new lift/tires... (PJ, I hope you see this post...) Here's the dirt/gravel road that runs alongside our property and leads back to some pretty cool trails:

kids all sitting down in the back being safe like they were toldto:
oh....
in a tiny bit deeper than I meant to.http://i35.tinypic.com/2djz474.jpgWe got out, though. I knew I had the Beetle to pull us out in case wegot in over our heads.http://i36.tinypic.com/347fp89.jpgI told the kids to all look at the hill ahead because it was prettyimpressively steep and told them that the picture they saw of it laterwould make it look like not much of a hill... What can I say? I wasright.
was impressed enough with the truck's performance to divert myattention away from the Beetle a little longer. But one of the kids(Kelsea) did mention that today we didn't go anywhere that the Beetlehadn't been already. And that we did it a lot slower in the truckthan in the Beetle... Hmmm...

Reply to
Shag

That's awsome, Shag. It seems like only yesterday that your kids were knee-high. Oh, nice truck, too.

Reply to
John

I've been watching you guys and keep seeing the Shag Man's Ranger. I had to show mine (but not offroad for now. I found some fair trails near the house and go 4 wheelin' there, so maybe one day I'll take some pictures. I get pretty much down in the sticks with my little Blasters. Follow the link to the Photobucket stuff and you can see what I've been up to also.

I should mention also, that the Powder Coating thing is very addictive. Similarly to all the Bug Building and 4 Wheelin'.

Reply to
scott

Oh, I guess I should re-do my name to MUADIB so I can be recognized....

Reply to
MUADIB

I thought that was you... good to see you are still around.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I haven't posted on the group in such a long time, I forgot how to make things look right.... Here's a link to the whole photobucket page I have put together

MUADIB

Your truck is to damned clean !

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

are you still keeping Mr. Willis in check?

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Welcome back :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Since you ask (and only because of that)......

John Willis is now known as Councilman John Willis, District 5 Garland Texas.

He ran for City council and used his Green '59 beetle as a gimmick to win the seat. It worked well. He's only been on City Coucil for a short while, so I can't say I have any clue how he's doing.

All this, and I became unemployed about 5 or 6 weeks ago, after 13 years of dedication to the company. They opted out of the line of work I was doing and there are some pretty good limits on what's out there doing the same. My job was very specialized and no one pays what they were paying me. I have a severance package that will be good for 4 more paychecks then I have to get serious about getting some kind of job.... I have delved into powder coating and am currently able to do anything up to (and including single color applications) 16 or 17 inch rims. Once I get my bigger oven done I'll be off and running able to do Cycle and 4 wheeler frames and such also. I am shooting for completely custom work, but I'm sure if someone waves enough money at me, I'll do anything.

I was going to ask,.... Shaggy, what year model is your truck? I had that same grill in mine and opted to swap it out for a 2005 STX ranger grill. Looks much better to me and is simply easier to clean up. If you'd like a picture I'll take one for ya. Nice truck asnyway though.

SCOTT

Reply to
MUADIB

Not really Randy. That's just the angle or something. It's nasty filthy right now. I've been using it to haul everything for everybody for a month now! Unemployment benefits I guess.....

Reply to
MUADIB

Congrats to John, and sorry for you... jobs are shakey in lots of areas these days... John still doing roofing and property rentals?

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

John has assumed the role of property manager for some of his father's properties also. I know it's been a while since he's posted, so I'll throw down.... He has a 6 year old daughter..... Seems like yesterday.... Time flies huh?

Reply to
MUADIB

Pssstt.. some changes at my end too... 16 month old son, and another baby due in mid December :) Married and living in Florida. Had a short IT project job last year, but I have not found more my line of work here for a long time... so while I look, I work as a grease monkey at Firestone :) Maybe you could chart all your various skills and see if you have something to offer in a totally different industry. Just to get by for a while, until you find your own line of work.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Good to hear from you, Scott. I am paring down the cars, too. Just got rid of the Kelmark. Two more to go.

Reply to
John

Mr Stafford!, Doing alright?

The Kelmark was the cool one John. I'd have kept it....

Tell Molly that me and Sheryl said Hey!

Reply to
MUADIB

I've been on a couple of interviews in a 5 weeks. I'm not in a huge hurry, but I have already done some re-grouping to market myself if I need to. So far it looks grim in the area, but I am looking into all kinds of options. I'd even travel if I need to. No more kids at the house nowadays.... I'm way more flexible than I used to be...

My mian objective is to stay out of Auto repair businesses. I'll stick to the custom Powdercoating though....

Good luck on the coming arrival.

SCOTT

Reply to
MUADIB

yes it sure does.... my son is almost 4 years old now....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

the Kelmark may be one that came along since you went into hiding.... you may be thinking of the Bradley GT2.. you still have that, right John?

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

No,.... He had both when I went up 2.5 years ago. I saw it in person. Neat little car. And who says I've been in hiding?..........

Reply to
MUADIB