OT: I can't keep the secret!!

wow...thats pretty hot....

never been a fan of mustangs, but many i know are...they are decent(even if overproduced and over-hyped) and they look "classy"....in 66 they were not the best example of "American Muscle" but its all relative i guess...

okay....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

ARGH! Not that it's really a secret, but I'm so hot damn excited I can't contain myself anymore!! Guess what *I'm* getting (Notice, Jan, that I said I'M as in ME!)??

A '66 Mustang! Go on, tell me how much Ford's suck, but I'll whoop your German CC ass any day with my American Muscle!

Don't worry, I'm still making Jan ship the '68 vert over so I haven't turned totally traitor!

That's it. I just couldn't hold it in anymore. You can go on about your business of not giving a shit now. :)

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Good for you Kidd !!!!!

I'm for any woman getting the car of her dreams be it air or water cooled.....

Susan S.

Reply to
Susan S

Let's take it off-road. For pink-slips. ;-)

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

Watch it or Jan will start being mean to you again.

64 1/2, 65 and 66 rock in my humble opinion. Much better than the 70's when it was all about the gas crisis and emissions. Everything sucked then. And hell YES it looks classy! WOOT! But of course, leave it to you to rain on my parade.

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Har har. Let's take it to the 1/4 instead. For pinks. Then I'd have a nice little rail to play with on the weekends. :D

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

careful....you never know if shag might throw a stroker in the rail and take you to school....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

well...i ain't skeered......jan is too far away to hurt me too bad...

well i can continue to rain on your parade(might as well its raining like a biatch here) by telling you that you are a victim of mis information....there is NO 64 1/2 mustang...they were introduced ahead of the "normal" production date, and some even touted them as 64 1/2 but they were all classified as 65 models...(just some useless trivia for ya)...the "early" production 65(march of 64-july 31 of 64) probably should have been classified as a 64 but Ford gave them all 1965 VIN numbers, even though there were *many* differences in the "early" production run(commonly called

64 1/2) and the "second" production run....my aunt had a 69 bright red mustang (black interior) that my grandfather completely restored for her first car....it was as beautiful as a red mustang could be(remember not a mustang fan, and even less of a red car fan) and she loved that car....it met its unfortunate death early on though....my aunt and her husband used to take it to the local 1/8 mile dragstrip and really whip up on most v8's(it had the Inline 6) with it for fun(it was also "souped" up a bit)....looked good, ran good, but suffered from some "balding tires" so this one particular weekend they didn't drive it to the strip they loaded it on a trailer....headed to the track(30 miles or so) they had an unfortunate accident...the trailer tongue actually broke free from the trailer's frame(weld broke) on *one* side, which caused the trailer to suddenly sway violently, and it resulted in a jackknifed truck and trailer and a beatuful mustang laying in the road on its roof.....ouch...car was a total loss....
Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Congrats Kidd. Sounds like a lot of fun. Just don't let Jan do any modifications to it to get more power:o)

Reply to
Bill Berckman

I suggest installing a bypass relay on the starter. Or a filter in the fuel line between the gas pump and the carburetor. ;)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

HEY NOW!!

GRRRRRRR

:)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

The Mustangs were fun to drive. Have a ball

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Kidd Andersson wrote: > 64 1/2, 65 and 66 rock in my humble opinion. Much better than the 70's

I'm all for and with you on that except you left out the 67. Great cars. I've owned a 64 1/2, 65 & 67 and wish I had all of them back. Just keep Jan and his hamsters out of the 66.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Potmetal on a Falcon frame.

Reply to
jjs

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:55:09 -0400, Kidd Andersson scribbled this interesting note:

I guess Jan will just have to learn how to work on old Fords now since it will require a lot of work!:~)

John Willis

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 08:19:24 -0500, "jjs" scribbled this interesting note:

LOL!:~)

John Willis

Congrats! One of the better looking American cars ever..

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

My 16 year old just told me that this is the first piece of good information to come out of this NG....the little brat....he has a 400hp '85 GT so he's a little biased...but congrats on the new ride...

Sneaks '68 Type1

Reply to
Sneaks

Yeah, that's kinda the way I look at it too. :)

I'm aware of that, but within the Mustang community, they still call them '64 1/2, however misguided they may be. Which means I can say 64

1/2, and they know exactly what I'm talking about. And I still think they rock.

My original post was a joke. Shag doesn't need to "school" me. I did lay claim to a '66, but the rest of it was just being silly. Lighten up.

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

I think it took him all of about 10 seconds after I told him about it to start planning out the beefy engine he wanted to put in it.

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson