OT: I can't keep the secret!!

Yeah, I happen to like the 67 too. As for keeping Jan and his hamsters out... I tell you, man. All of the sudden it became "Our engine" and "my Mustang" rolling out of his mouth. Had to lay the smack down. I told him if he's nice and um... "behaves" himself, I might let him drive it. Once. :D

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Aircooled... 4 cyl boxer... Type 4 based... 2,6 liters.. turbo...

;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Wow! I'm surprised you still have a 16 year old if you let him drive a car with 400 hp! LOL Tell him he's my new hero. :)

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

The great thing about About American iron are all the crate engines widely available, preconfigured, you just bolt on a dizzy and a carb, and whoppla you have X amount of power.

I see the 500hp Chevy engines are quite reasonable, don@t know about Ford though...

Plus all the supercharger kits you can bolt right onto what's already there...

If a VW was as cheap to make "go fast" we would all have a ball...

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

whoa...back it up Kidd....i wasn't being anything other than "light"...honest...just having conversation about my favorite subject....vehicles....sorry didn't realize you were so "tender"....i guess i'll just stick to non-automotive OT from now on...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Yeah, I happen to like the 67 too. As for keeping Jan and his hamsters out... I tell you, man. All of the sudden it became "Our engine" and "my Mustang" rolling out of his mouth. Had to lay the smack down. I told him if he's nice and um... "behaves" himself, I might let him drive it. Once. :D

My brother had a 67 Mustang in high school that he bought from a neighbor for $500 in 1977 or 78. It had a 289 V8 Engine in it and an Auto Trans. That thing sure did have a lot of GID-e-UP and go. The back end was a bit light, so you had to be careful driving around curves in the rain with all that power to the rear wheels since they do not have the added weight of a rear engine like the Beetle does.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

Oh good grief. Don't be that way. I'm excited about my car. Raining on my parade makes me a little cranky. Shit happens. You know I still love you... in my own weird twisted way. You can come to the wedding and we'll get really trashed, hit the strip clubs and watch the pretty girls dance. :)

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Lenore (that's her name) has a 289, but we're a little lost as to which

289 she's got. The seller's wife said that back in the day it had a lot of gid-e-up and go too so I'm hoping I've got something good in there.

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

............wait a minute

.........You and Chris go to strip clubs on Orange Blossom Trail while Jan and I are working our asses off wrenching on the Mustang? Am I missing something here?

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Heh. He's driving my truck...and hopefully the Bug soon. The 'Stang sits in the driveway awaiting paint. We take it out on the weekends and have a little "fun" with it. He's learning a healthy respect for power, nothing like a power-induced 180 at 40mph to get your attention:) I'll pass on your comments...he'll be all happy and stuff.

Sneaks '68 Type 1

Reply to
Sneaks

The 289 was an engine I grew up with. It was originally a 260. It was the first small block we could play with in the little Sunbeam Tiger. Ford also put it the Falcon Futura models. (The first Mustang was built on the Falcon frame.)

You might want to look for some literature on the 289. Most pumped out about

200hp. The hotter engines (like up to 300hp) had different heads and heavy duty internals and are rather rare. If you want a different engine, the 302 is the same block.
Reply to
jjs

Can I go too?

Please?

Jan :)

Kidd Anderss>

Reply to
Jan Andersson

EWW! I wouldn't be caught dead in a strip off the trail. UGH! I'd rather not catch the hiv, my friend. The trail is notoriously nasty. Dancers Royal on Colonial is MUCH better. Plus I know one of the girls that works there. ;)

while Jan

You must be because I don't recall giving anyone permission to wrench on my baby. This is gonna be one of those times where I get my own hands dirty and have something to be proud of. However, I know I'll need some help so I'll let you only if you promise to keep an eye on Jan and not let him put his dirty feet on my shag carpeting.

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

You don't even LIKE strip clubs!!!!

K.

Jan Anderss> Can I go too?

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

(The first Mustang was built on the Falcon

Glad you clarified. Here I just thought you were being a dick. ;)

I have been looking, and from what we've deciphered there's the 289 2V and the 289 4V. The 289 2V put out about 200 hp, yes. The 289 4V K Code put out around 270 and the 289 4V Shelby put out about 306. This particular engine was pulled from a '77, and since the '77 didn't come with a 289 it has to be from a pre-67. The question is which 289 is it? It's not a long shot to believe it could be the K Code or maybe the Shelby. It was put in specifically for higher hp by the previous owner.

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Huh? Oh... Nevermind. :) "Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:14:42 +0200, "P.J. Berg" scribbled this interesting note:

All the best hot rods have Chevy engines in them!:~)

John Willis

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:06:19 -0400, Kidd Andersson scribbled this interesting note:

Or you could drop a nice 327 Chevy in it!:~)

John Willis

There is a picture of a built 302 Chevy on these pages:

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

:-)