OT: My new toy :-)

I flew up to glasgow on saturday (320 miles) to buy my latest toy.

Aircooled - yes VW - no

Kawasaki Zephyr 1100

not got any picturs of it yet but the link is to one the same (mine is black blue)

WOW !!!!! fastest bike I have had so far, I chicken out before it does so far. I dont want to loose my licence yet !

Any how, just thought I would share that with anyone who is interested.

:-)

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Sweet. Congratulations. I've been looking at some bigger bikes (mine is just a 650) but the displacement really drives up the price. How fast have you had it so far? I topped mine out at 90 mph on Sunday with the windshield off. I can hit around 95 while laying down on it with the windshield removed. Not much power there.

Reply to
Shag

I layed off the throttle at 110.

It was just getiing in to the power band !

Too many speed cameras about :-(

I still havent opened it up all the way, but it pulls like sh*t ! awsome power...

Open the throtle, get to 3k revs it trys to leave you behind ! Hang on tight till about 6k revs and the power pull is like someone switched on the after burner or something !!

Biggest bike I've had so far, so I will take it bit by bit . nice and gentle.

Rich

Shag wrote:

Reply to
tricky

I've been looking at some bigger bikes (mine

I got the bike at a 'very' good price.

I am surprised at the running costs of a 'big' bike though.

I will be needing a rear tyre and a chain / sprocket soon.

After shopping around...

100gbp for a tyre 140gbp for the chain set. 50gbp when I need to get new plugs !

oh well, I guess thats why 'older' riders get the bigger bikes. A little more disposable income ?

Rich

Reply to
tricky

I would shop around further for a rear tire, I work with scooters everyday, and hence also know a tad about motorcycle tire prices. Go for the original dimention, but a non hyper sport model....

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

The orig dim is 160 / 70 / 17 .

Plus it has alot of torque to deal with ! A Cheap tyre might not be so cheap :-)

Rich

P.J. Berg wrote:

Reply to
tricky