OT: Opportunity to by an old wheel alignment set.

Hi Everyone,

A local high school is selling off two unused 2-wheel alignment kits. They found them in boxes, and the current teacher said they are using a 4-wheel system, and have no use for the old ones.

One of them is a BEAR unit, from 1981/82. The other one is an AMMOCO from about 1986/87. The problem is, he doesn't know if they are complete or not, and they could be missing parts. The price is very good (I wont say how much or where they are :-). I figure if I buy one set, it would pay for itself after two alignments.

Is anyone familiar with one of these kits? If so, what should I be looking for? I'm going there after work tomorrow to check the stuff out.

Ryan.

Reply to
Ryan Lester

...............I'd be tempted to go for one of them. Missing parts might be available from the manufacturer.

BTW...........You can turn a car around and align the rear tires on the older style alignment sets......just be sure to set the back for toe out when you really want toe in.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I can only assume they're in Canada (going by you addy) If so, then why are you playing it so coy? There's only about 4 other people in your entire province that probably have internet access. LOL

-ANT

Reply to
ANT

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn"
Reply to
BugBum

Because all three of us know each other and I even know what the asking price is.... Ryan is afraid I will scoop the deal :)

Mind you, I probably would have to borrow Ryan's dogs to hitch to the dogsled to tow the wheel alignment rig to my igloo so there goes that idea.

Reply to
Eric Janzen

But are your dogs aligned? LOL

-ANT (duz yor dawg byte?)

Reply to
ANT

you need a four paw alignment tool to do that. I doubt there's one in canada. Maybe in alaska or siberia.

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

when I lived in alaska, we used a belt sander for that. Sure the dogs whined a bit but they didn't wobble afterwards either.

didn't wanna do it too much though or you'd get a "coolant" leak.

Reply to
Seth Graham

Damn, I was afraid you would see this! However, you still wont find it (I hope).

Yeah, about the dogs, my main intention for buying this unit is to make sure the "sled" is aligned. I will definitely need the sled to pull that stuff home. Problem is, my lead dog has parvo, and he isn't very mobile right now. Too boot, I'm not feeling well either, its not contagious is it? (cough, cough).

Hey, do you think that little punting dog of yours would be willing to lead? Its only going to -48 tomorrow, no big deal, I'll be sure to feed him lots of raw seal meat.

Ryan.

Reply to
Ryan Lester