OT: traffic cameras

ROFLMAO........PLOP

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

"Chris Taylor Jr" wrote

Read and understand what is written at the link below. Take your time and really read it. You may want to read it three or four times so that it'll really sink in. I think it will clarify a few things for you.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

LOL At least you were polite and did not send him to this one. :o)

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

YAY !

I just love it when a plan comes together

Somebody go let his tyres down, then he wont have trouble with *any* cameras

Reply to
Juper Wort

Again prove it. I can show you 20 intersection within 20 miles of me where the distance from one line to the other marking the intersection is easily over 100 feet.

You tell me how the camera will distinguish what is what.

and you still have not answered on the toll booth issue. (convenient since you know you can not legitimately respond to it without conceding the point)

the point is people should not have to be judged by machines.

Chris Taylor

then plain and simple you have been "told" wrong...if you would

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

again what happens when I DO NOT break the law and the machine claims I did.

HOW can one prove ones innocences.

you can not. that is the problem.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

sure then why did you post at all ?

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

I just had to post this as I heard it on the radio yesterday and it reminded me of this thread.

A federal agency( can't remember right off hand ) released a study this last week that was trying to Find ways to reduce accidents and increase safety on the highways.

The study showed first and foremost that the best way to increase safety was, in fact, to give more tickets................Sorry, I know this'll cook some peoples gizzards, but is only a study I heard about on the radio. Not my opinion.

It might actually have some merit though.

So maybe it's not just a money maker huh? ................to do auto photo tickets.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Just flip them off when you drive by. Makes you feel much better. We now have traffic webcams around here. Going to be 1 real close to us. I can't wait. May have to get out of the car and moon.

Randy

RSMEINER

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:39:44 GMT, MUADIB® , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

WELL MAYBE IT ISN'T BUT I DO NOT RECOGNIZE A MACHINE THAT WILL CONVICT AND SENTENCE ME WITH NO RECOURSE!!!!!!! THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME AND THE SOONER YOU REALIZE THAT, THE BETTER!!!!!!! I WILL NOT PAY A FINE FOR A TICKET BECAUSE I WOULD BE INNOCENT EVEN IF I RAN A RED LIGHT AND PLOWED INTO A SCHOOL-BUS BECAUSE I DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE AUTHORITY OF A MACHINE TO DICTATE MY ACTIONS AND ANYWAY I WOULD ALSO BE INNOCENT BECAUSE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN HONEST MISTAKE WHEN I MURDERED AND MAIMED THAT BUS FULL OF INNOCENT KIDS BECAUSE I WAS EATING A JELLY DONUT AND NOT WATCHING THE ROAD WHICH IS AN INNOCENT MISTAKE AND THE SOONER YOU REALIZE I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG AND I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK THEN THE BETTER PLUS THE MACHINES DON'T HAVE AUTHORITY OVER ME NO MATTER WHAT BECAUSE I'M INNOCENT AND MADE AN HONEST MISTAKE BUT YOU JUST DON'T LIKE ME SO YOU JUDGE ME BUT A MACHINE WON'T JUDGE ME BECAUSE IT WOULD BE AN HONEST MISTAKE I MADE. or something.

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

If a live flesh and blood cop is giving the ticket I say nail every single person who breaks the law.

otherwise forget about it.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

you pay a toll a camera says you did not.

Prove your innocence.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:41:43 -0400, "Chris Taylor Jr" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

I have no idea what you're talking about. I just said that I'd be innocent and that it would be an honest mistake. I didn't disagree with anything you said. Personally I REFUSE to be convicted by a MACHINE because I don't live in a totalitarian society. I will let a human being convict me of anything as long as they say they saw it BUT NOT A MACHINE. And if a MACHINE tries to convict me then I won't pay the fine because I'm innocent and it was just an HONEST MISTAKE AND IF YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THAT THEN THAT IS *YOUR* PROBLEM. You may like a MACHINE to judge you and CONVICT you of something you did even though you were INNOCENT but not ME and that's all that is important to me and it's all about me so I'm innocent until proven guilty and a MACHINE will not convict me of anything plus I won't pay!!!!!

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

ROTFLMAOPIMP!......................LOL

You Go Shaggie!..................LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Shaggie,.................Please slow down with the run-on sentences................my comprehension level goes way down when it's this late.

LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

blah blah blah

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

If the gummit was sincere about lowering accidents, all they'd have to do is make sure people can, and do, *drive*, as opposed to simply *aim* and to make driving without insurance a *serious* violation akin to DUI. My personal estimate is that fewer than one in ten drivers actually know how to drive, that is, when and how to signal, how to enter an Interstate highway, even when to turn on their headlights and how to drive on snow, ice and rain. Far too many drivers show absolutely no respect for anyone, including themselves and this starts with the ones entrusted with the supervision of traffic laws, cops. Few of them actually drive according to existing traffic laws simply because they 1) don't have to; 2) don't know how. Phil

Reply to
Phil #3

John, I agree with most of what you have to say as usual. As a motorhome driver since 1972, I have two observations to add. First, Darwin takes care of some of the morons before they get to old so they will never get behind the wheel of a motorhome. Next, a lot of these maroons will never have enough money or experience to drive a motorhome and they know it so will continue following or passing up hills until my first observation kicks in. I love driving in Illinois though. The trucks and motorhomes have a speed limits lower than the cars do. Much safer for everyone and easier to drive for both. Dennis

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

well the insurance thing is a really bugger for me.

I pay $1100 a year for insurance on 2 cars.

what do I get for that $1100 ?

NOTHING Absolutely NOTHING.

I would use up my medical limit just by walking into the emergency room. My car gets no protection whatsoever (so why exactly do I pay more for more than 1 car ?)

ALL I get is a peice of paper that keeps me out of jail. NOTHING ELSE AT ALL for all intents and purposes.

making insurance legally mandatory WITHOUT making it regulated was about the worst thing they did. cause now the insurance can charge you anything they want for as little as they want and you have NO CHOICE !!

you MUST have it or goto jail (OR do not drive)

this is NOT right.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

I agree Driver Training and GOOD driver traning should be mandatory.

anyone not passing should get a restricted license until their skills are up to snuff.

I see these SUV bigger than mine wizz by with inches of snow on the highway and I just wonder how far will I go before I see them rubber up on the side of the road.

4x4 does not mean you can go faster. it means only that you CAN get their.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr