OT-translation please ! US to UK

Hillbilly !

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

haha! It took me about a year to work out what a redneck was when I first started posting here.

I wonder what the US equivalent of a Chav is? heh

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Now, what is a moon pie? is it like a moon cake?

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Isn't mineral spirit(s) the same as methelayed spirits? or is that "denatured alcohol"?

And since petrol is called "gas", what do you call gas (as in the flammable stuff you get in big bottles).

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

"Shag" has a different meaning in the UK... :-P

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

LOL

indeed ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

...............We like to come and go as we please.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

...............They're actually quite good but hard to find here in New York.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

"White spirits and mineral spirits blends are mixtures of paraffins, cycloparaffins and aromatic hydrocarbons with boiling ranges which lie between 150°C and 220°C. They are clear water-white liquids, chemically stable and non-corrosive and possess a mild odour"

aka: paint thinner

petrol used to be called "gasoline" but was too much a tongue-twister.

Gas in the big bottles is ....gas (or LPG).

Cooking/Illuminating gas is...natural gas.

Eat too much and it's.........gas.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

readily available at almost *every* convenience store here...even the "tripple decker" moonpies...and they come in a couple different flavors....blech...hard to find the "RC cola" to go with them these days....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Alright now, You Boys are wearin' on me!................That education thang has to be pulled from your minds a little. Kinda like "all republicans are for lettin' the borders wide open for abuse"................It ain't so. only a few of 'em are like that as far as I can tell...........and they have a lot of .......for lack of better term, Power.

Now Rednecks, They are known to have very lofty college degrees in Texas...............Those Aggies are a bunch to behold. The education doesn't mean they have any common sense. It don't mean they don't. They just have a 'spensive degree in some cases.

Like I said............That education thang is not accurate.Not one bit. A good redneck can tell a dumba$$ from a Smart A$$ anyday. Education or not.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Okay,..........I give. What , in definition is a "CHAV"?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Whitetrash ?

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

cycloparaffins and aromatic hydrocarbons with boiling ranges

chemically stable and non-corrosive and possess a mild

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

Reply to
ilambert

Reply to
ilambert

I think that *everyone* knows that "Shag" has different meanings in different places. Most of us have probably seen Austin Powers by now. Nobody is surprised or amazed. I originally used "Shaggie" just because I had long hair and was skinny and was a big Scooby Doo fan YEARS ago. Like 10 years ago when I first started talking to people online. Now my hair is about 1/10 of an inch long (buzzed it again last night) and I'm not *exactly* as thin as the Shaggie character on Scooby Doo is anymore. I do still like Scooby Doo, though. ZOINKS! (the cartoon......NOT the movie.)

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

Yes, I have seen all the Austin Powers movies on this side of the pond.

Charles of Kankakee.

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

Yes, inquring minds want to know. . . .