OT Where do I buy one of these?

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 23:33:36 +0300, Jan Andersson scribbled this interesting note:

Want to know the worst thing about freedom? The responsibility that comes with it...

John Willis

Stack them. :-) You know what I meant.

Reply to
Shag

From his description, his grandparents were living like slobs and needed to have someone tell them to clean up. Maybe that kind of thing wouldn't bother you because you're a slob too? Takes all kinds, I suppose. Doesn't mean I wanna live around "those kinds" though.

Reply to
Shag

LOL

but I have a household with one car driveway, and three adults who all need their own car to go to work?

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

There are 2 cars in the driveway. Only yours is on the street with it's pretty little "Support Law Enforcement" license plate. :D

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Thanks so much man. Just saw my grandmother yesterday and today, she came over here with my aunt and a couple of cousins. She's doing better now, she can get in and out of her walker on her own. It was fun, we watched a movie last night. Her mind's still all there, which is a good thing. We'll keep fighting the good fight, and we're gonna win this by any means nessecary. As soon as a lawyer legaleeses our letter we've written, and we (more than likely) don't get any response, we're going to start picketing in front of city hall with my grandparents sitting in lawn chairs looking decrepit. The signs will read END ELDER ABUSE. That oughtta turn a few heads. Thanks a million for the support.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Holzer

Thats where two of my grandparents cars were towed from (they have a double wide, long ass driveway).

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Holzer

If they don't run then sell them. There is a reason for not allowing people to use the public roadway for their personal junk yard. It's public property there are a million public storage facilities in the LA area. All it cost is money. If you don't have the space to store your dead car then don't buy it.

Reply to
Wes Pearson

Yeah, that Dino Ferrari in the drive that needs an engine is just junk. Toss it. Same with that classic Bug that needs engine work.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

There is a law here in the UK that if a car is parked on the road, then it must display a valid tax disc in the window. If the car is not roadworthy, you have to declare it offroad... in which case you cannot park it on the road. You can't buy a new tax disc (they only last 1 year) unless your car has an MoT (annual roadworthy tests) certificate...

So if your car's annual inspection lapses, you cannot renew your vehicle tax, therefore parking on the road is illegal and you risk getting your car towed and crushed!

Thank goodness I live in the countryside with a big garden :o)

Reply to
Howard Rose

In most Cities in California if your vehicle is parked on a public street it must be moved every 72 hours of your subject to being ticketed. Once it's been ticketed it can be towed if not moved. Most Cities have ordinances that say any non operation vehicle must be behind a fence or they can be ticketed.

Reply to
Wes Pearson

Who said antthing about dead car? if all our household cars were 2005 models, but the driveway could only hod one and we had three? What the f are we supposed to do?

Oh, because it's a 2005 model, it can stay on the curbside? Well what difference does it make if it was a 1985 model, running, street legal car?

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Not read them? Are you nuts? this is better than reality TV! You're totally f*cking Hilarous!

Reply to
73_Ghia

I don't mind people parking on the street as long as they don't impede traffic or park at the curb in front of my house...

Reply to
73_Ghia

I guess that's what I was getting at. Most of the houses in my neighborhood have good-sized driveways and even garages and people

*still* park out on the street so much that it's common for houses across the street from each other to both have cars parked in front, causing people driving on the street to have to come to a complete stop to wait for oncoming traffic to pass first. I don't get it. I'm thinking of installing some sort of modified "curb feeler" on my car that sticks out at about "door-handle-level" on the passenger side. You know, just to be safe so that I'll know I'm getting too close to a car parked on the side of the road if I hear a loud harsh sqealing noise as the "curb feeler" scrapes down the length of the parked car. Strictly as a safety feature, of course.
Reply to
Shag

I'm lucky enough to live on a really wide street but I definately feel your pain, there are times when you feel like a slalom racer...

I don't get it. I'm

How about some hubcaps like Masallah had on his chariot during the race in the movie Ben Hur? :)

Reply to
73_Ghia

Our entire street is like that, in fact most are round our way. It can take ages to get from one end to the other, having to duck in at occasional spaces to let other people past, but there again, Victorians didn't have cars, so why have driveways BG.

james

Reply to
Juper Wort