Rattle Can Can

I have been experimenting with the rattle can paint job. I have an old hood that is in fair shape, some ruff places. I first tried to use Midnight Metallic Black Rustoleum, that turned out pretty BAD!!!. That stuff did not cover well at all and did not go far either. One can did not even put two light coats on the hood. NEXT COLOR!!

I have now sanded and cleaned, the color I am using now is Safety Red. Man, is that some Bright red!! It looks pretty good after two good coats. It took 1 and a half large cans to give it the two coats and at just under $5 a can is not too costly. I can also buy this color by the gallon for around $22.

I will post some pics soon, for those who are interested..............

Reply to
TerryB

Yep, that is next on the list for the Can Can. I really wish the midnight black had come out better. I really like the color but the finish was more like flat black with metallic in it. No where near the finish that was shown by the cap. Forgot to put the web page up last night and I did not get to take any pics of the new color. Got home and the bottom fell out of the clouds till dark and I could only sit back and watch the water bead off my freshly painted hood sitting out in the yard where I painted it the day before. Maybe this afternoon when I get home.

Reply to
TerryB

LOL, I think it was a shirt that has been colored by grease, paint, wood glue, wood stain and such. That is just too funny.

Reply to
TerryB

My experience with metalic spraycans is they never shine. You NEED to add the varnish finish to make it shine

"TerryB" schreef in bericht news:bhvs7r$3phn3$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-46955.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Black Baja