Re: Beam Work update

Deduction:

> >I am a bone head.

...bet you can find a baja owner who will gladly trade you a nice bare beam to re-start your project with....hell if it was ball join't I'd offer. =-)

Gary

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 14:03:04 -0400, Gary Tateosian left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Uh... make your offer. Terry's *is* ball-joint... ;-)

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

I have been thinking about fixes and have a couple in mind.

1.) Cut beam again and reweld in the right way. 2.) Cut stop off and weld to the bottom where it belongs. 3.) Do nothing and just tighten the lock nut down enough to lock it in place.

I really think #1 is the only safe answer. #2 is doable, but not sure of the strength afterward.

How much tension will be on the springs? I suspect a lot.

Reply to
TerryB