Re: OT @#$%&# Telemarketers.

Overwhelming positive response?...........who are they kidding?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

Looks to me like it was an overwhelming positive response due to a recent media event. Dave Barry's media event... Positive response to all of us, not to the telemarketers.

Now if we could spam the hell out of the spammers flooding the spam servers and spam serving ISP's to shut them down....

Personally I try to keep the telemarketer on the phone as long as possible. It works until they realize the are not going to make a sale. You should hear them stumble over thier own words when they attempt to politely let me go as they have other more important calls to make...

Why is it they always take me off the please call me I'm a rich dumbass who will buy anything list without me asking them to?

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

That is what I do for the most part................I like to hear them go throuh the whole speil a couple of times, as I missed soemthing the first time through..............................They start getting a little suspiciious of it after about halfway through the second time, and I start talking to Someone in the room with me about something totally unrelated,................or even about the fact that I am Milking the telemarketer..............All in fun ya know...........If they're calling me they are wasting time.............mostly their own

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

Helpful tips for having fun with telemarketers. 1- Be suddenly allergic to the product being sold.vinyl siding, swimming pool,life insurance,whatever. 2- Act interested,tell the telemarker to "hold a minute please", put down phone,and step across the room and act out a grisly murder,with your family as actors.This is real quality time with the kids! If no help available,do housework/bathroom break until they give up. 3 Break into tears when they ask for any certain name as, "He/She is dead! My spouse passed away yesterday,and the family is all here around me for comfort,and you have crass to call selling something?" 4. If you are really good, convince the vinyl siding salesman that you need their product,as the 72 Toyota station wagon you are living in needs "a new look"( my eldest son actually did this at age 16 and had them call back!!Of course upon the call back, the person asked for had died the day before!)

Turn pests into objects of amusement.

Freddy

"MUADIB®" wrote:

Reply to
Freddy Badgett

When I was living in an apartment I had one of the idiots call to sell me some vinyl siding. I told them I was really interested and to come on over. It was a brick building...

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

You know what else is getting annoying where I live is the people that come up to your car window at a stop light selling, begging or whatever. When I am in my car at a light, leave me alone.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 02:27:09 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

I was coming home today and saw a guy who couldn't have been more than

25 years old standing on the side of the road at the end of an offramp. He had the standard "Homeless, God bless" kinda sign he was holding. Man, that pissed me off. I'll probably burn in hell for this, but that guy looked healthy. He was so young he had zits all over his face still, for crying out loud. I wanted to pull over and kick his @ss for begging for money when it was obvious he was capable enough to walk to a shelter (there are several that were within walking distance for him) and get some help and quit begging for $. Whiners get on my nerves so I'll try to quit whining now.

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

There was an article in the paper here awhile back about one of those types. Article was on how much money he was making standing and begging at the entrance to wallyworld. Hell, he was making more then me.

Randy

RSMEINER

I passed by one of those beggers here in downtown Columbus one day. He had a roll of $ no smaller around than 4 to 5 inches. It was loaded with 10sN20s. Same guy tried to hit me up for money a couple of weeks earlier. Vietnam vet down on his luck nobody been able to help him out today... You know the story. Then I asked him "well wht about the greenback that girl just gave you?" His reply " Well you know a dollar won't even geet you a cup of coffee nowdays.

So where's he buying his coffee? I think I might go into the coffee business.

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

That reminds me of that scene from the movie Office Space where the guy comes to the door saying he is trying to stay off drugs and be good by selling magazines. In the next scene the guy tells them he used to be a software engineer, but made more money with the hardluck story. I loved that movie. It was a good one. :o)

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

...................Some crackhead is going to rob him. Hopefully.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

At my shop, one of the guys was stupid enough to fill in his work number on one of these internet mortgage sites. We got call after call for him. We have usually opted for the "So, what are you wearing?" approach, but for one of these calls I said, "I'm sorry, Chris passed away just yesterday. Would you like me to put you through to his widow?" The kid stammered for a few seconds and then said, "Do you think she'd be interested?"

Bottom feeders.

Now, in a cosmic reversal, I have to cold call 2 hours a day for my new job.

Mike ANTI SPAM STUFF: snipped-for-privacy@psinet.com snipped-for-privacy@ACCC.GOV.AU snipped-for-privacy@ftc.gov snipped-for-privacy@willinet.net snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com admin@loopback $LOGIN@localhost $LOGNAME@localhost $USER@localhost $USER@$HOST -h1024@localhost snipped-for-privacy@mailloop.com

Reply to
MMMichel